Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tripping

Yup, first post in a wee while... just figured I'd share my (un)enlightened state with y'all right now...

Crying out, I dash my head against the wall
trying not to fall
I hold my head up high
way up in the sky
but there are clouds up there
ever so thin
I can feel the sun so close
but I can not quite grasp it
this aching hole I feel
I need to sooth and fill
but am not sure how
not quite pain
not quite joy
somewhere in the hazy fringe I roam
longing for a way out
too blind to see the door
right before my very eye
the end is near
but I lengthen the path
not wanting to let go
weary though I am
I grip with all the strength I have
the existence I've always had
will I never know
that which I always thought was best
or do I only tease myself
with false hope of something new
when all I have is all I need
but weary, I stumble
soon I will fall
but I will still crawl
for the end is very near
but every new beginning
is some other beginning's end
and that which follows
brings great promise and great dread
I only wish
for that one little piece of knowledge
that I have sought after for so long
but what will I find when I grasp it?
I can only guess, for my skill there falls short
fading into the future...

Lord, be thou my comfort
for I know You are all I need

3 comments:

  1. I wrote something similar to this when I was about to graduate high school, and I bet I'll do the same when I graduate college.

    Oh, Ethan, why couldn't you stay another semester?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a part of me that lies,
    saying "it's so hard to change",
    do not even try to try,
    all you will find is pain

    but through the hurt
    of changing shape
    the Great Designer's hands
    hold the pieces of my broken self
    while He makes me more like Him

    I know that in the end
    He has a purpose and a plan
    for each moment and breath I take
    is guided by One who understands

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't understand life any better at forty than at twenty, but we know it and admit it. - Jules Renard

    ReplyDelete