Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chevy Trucks: The Real Truth

By now you've probably seen those Chevy ads proclaiming that their trucks are the "most dependable, longest-lasting trucks on the road". As a long standing, strongly-biased Ford fan, I'm here to - confirm their claims?!

Well, unfortunately, after I did some research, I discovered that Chevy and GMC trucks are indeed the most dependable, longest-lasting trucks on the road.

The average Chevy truck is driven for 16.2 years before it is scrapped, to a Ford's average of 15.9 years. In addition, Chevy trucks have an average of 2.9 repairs done per year during that time, for an average annual repair bill of $852. Ford trucks have an average of 3.1 repairs done per year for an average annual repair bill of $897.

With numbers like these, it's obvious that Ford has the most effective advertising department of any company on the planet. How else do you explain the fact that the Ford F-Series has been the best selling truck in america for over 30 years straight?

However, in my research, I came across numerous photographs of the trucks in their daily routine, and I spotted a surprising theme in the Ford truck photographs, which was much different than the theme I found in the Chevy truck photographs. I have included the most indicative examples of each below.

Most Fords were doing things like this:

























While most Chevys were doing things like this:

























I didn't realize how important that "on the road" part was.

No comments:

Post a Comment