Sunday, November 12, 2006

Update

Wow it has been a long time since I updated this... Well here are some highlights from the past week: Tuesday my family visited me on their fall vacation, which was a nice break from school work. I introduced them to several of my friends here at Houghton and had a nice lunch in the cafeteria. Then we went to see Letchworth (third time for me now!) and saw the waterfalls... It was a nice warm day with only a few sprinkles in the air, it is such a gorgeous place to be. After that, we went down to the Cuba Cheese Shoppe in Cuba and bought some excellent cheese - I got some New York Cheddar that was aged 5 whole years - mmmm boy is that stuff good!

Thursday was the Jars of Clay concert, which was totally awesome! I need to get some of their CDs now because wow, I have been missing out (yeah I didn't have any cash on me that night to buy one there). They played for a good 2 hours after the introductory bands were finished, which was a full hour. The music actually was at a bearable decible level, which was also very nice. Steve also came to visit again so it was good to see him as well.

Friday night was a "mission impossible" capture the flag game with the local youth for christ and I got to be a cameraman :) Flour bombs were flying everywhere and a few kids even managed to find a good and deep waterhole in the dark lol. A good time was had by all, and 4 kids actually managed to get all 5 bracelets from each of the flags. At 10:00, Mission Impossible III played in the chapel, which was a very good, but very intense movie for those of you who haven't seen it.

Well thats it for now, I need to get some sleep.

1 comment: