Saturday, April 12, 2008

Should I cry or just scream?

I drove to Rochester tonight to pick up a stranded friend at the airport. My 4 wheeled heap decided to quit telling me how fast I was going. A few miles later the check engine light came on for the first time since I've had the car. This on top of the terrible milage its been getting since last fall. And the dragging brake caliper I just replaced for the second time in as many years. And the two hundred thousand pennies I poured into it last year. And the stripped holes that are supposed to hold the bolts that hold on the exhaust manifold. And the air filter that has holes in it. And the rust showing thru my patch job once again. Then the check engine light went out. Then the speedo started working again. Great! now I'm back up to jalopy status from heap status. And there won't be any way to find a single thing wrong despite the fact I know these problems will recur in the near future.... now why was it I like cars again?

1 comment: