Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Car!

I am now the proud owner of a 1994 Saturn SC2 2 door coupe. The 124 horsepower twin-cam engine has 138,000 miles on it, the fiberglass body panels will never rust, the frame is solid, the car returns mid-30's milage figures, and I paid a whopping $900 for the car. Only things it needed to make it road-worthy were new tires, windshield wipers, a coolant temperature sensor, and an oil change. Oh, and I have to figure out how to unplug the drain lines on the sunroof so it doesn't leak. But so far it seems like a heck of a bargain.

1 comment:

  1. Update: What a piece of junk. I only had that car for 18 months, and racked up $3,600 in repairs during that period, finally selling it for a $400 loss in good running order, though with a weak clutch, at 165,000 miles. I was contacted by the buyer a couple months later inquiring if I still had the parts car I bought for it since the motor had blown. I suspect he never checked the oil (I had advised him to do so) and it ran out, since the thing burned through a quart of oil every 550 miles or so.

    ReplyDelete