Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Optimist

So I'm beginning to realize that becoming a car salesman is not just a new job, it is a new way of life. There is so much to learn that refusing to do any studying to improve my product knowledge and sales techniques after work in the evenings would put me at a serious disadvantage. Being new is already a serious disadvantage from what I've experienced/heard/read. So I certainly don't need two disadvantages. On top of that, the training videos I've watched and the sales books I'm reading all stress that the top successful salespeople always stay involved with their customers both before and after the sale, with phone calls, letters, and even attending social events with them. Joe Girard, who is believed to be the greatest salesman of all time, claims 65% of his sales every year were from repeat business, a fact he attributes to the effort he put into staying in touch with every client after the sale.

I'm not going to settle for second best...

1 comment:

  1. I like reading your stuff, Ethan. It's well done. Also, good luck on selling cars.

    ReplyDelete