Monday, December 15, 2008

Advice?

So I just turned down a guaranteed $500 per week job in favor of my current job that pays $305 per week plus commission. So far my first 5 weeks as a car salesman have been $405, $405, $427, $505, and $405. I'm told it only gets worse from here, until things generally pick up in March... but who knows this year, what with the economy and all. On the other hand, that $500 per week job holds no potential for increase. So the question is, am I stupid? I think while it may be tougher in the short run, my decision to stay will reward me in the long run... but please leave your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I think in the long run, you'll benefit. You've got opportunity for progression here, both in pay and possibly position. So, yeah, you'll hurt in the short run, but I think in the long run you're better off...

    Tough decisions we make in life...

    ReplyDelete