Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Got that Job

I am now an employee of Morse Auto Sales and Service, LLC, in Berlin, VT. I showed up Wednesday last week and asked the owner if he was currently hiring, having been referred there by a guy at another shop. I was told that he was not currently hiring, since he had had too many bad experiences with employees in the past. I talked with him a few minutes and left my resume along with a couple references, just in case he changed his mind. Well, a half-hour later he called me up and asked if I could come on Friday morning for an interview "sure, no problem." About 3 hours after that, he called me again and told me he had done a reference check, he was very impressed by what he found out, and could I show up tomorrow (Thurs) for a paid trial day? "absolutely." So the short form of the rest of the story is I'm hired.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, dude! Congratulations! I hope it all goes well and stuff like that...

    Maybe I'll have to visit at some point or something like that.

    ReplyDelete