Monday, May 12, 2008

Things I Learned Today

A "more than a half hour" trip takes 18 minutes when driven correctly.

But... too many speeding tickets can ruin your prospects for certain jobs.

Salvation army raised their clothing prices.

But... it still beats JC Penny prices.

It costs 6 cents to print one page with the cost split 80/20 for ink/paper.

But... you have to pay for 500 pages at a time.

And... things never go as planned. Well I already knew that. But today I planned on doing more unpacking, visiting the department of labor, getting my car inspected, and opening a checking account at a local bank. None of which happened. Tomorrow is up early to get some all that accomplished and still have time to go job hunting.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting... I know places around where I live where it's $.05 per sheet... and you can do it on an individual basis.

    Does this mean you have too many speeding tickets to get a certain job? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, a cartridge of HP black ink (56) is 25 bucks and the package claims 520 sheets per cartridge, which works out to about 4.8 cents/sheet. 96 bright 20 lb paper is nearly 6 bucks at wal*mart and thats 500 sheets, so thats about 1.2 cents/sheet.

    Yeah, Enterprise won't hire me until I only have 2 tickets in the past 3 years, which won't be until October. Apparently its too much of a "risk factor" for their insurance company, despite my protests I hadn't had any accidents.

    ReplyDelete