Monday, September 25, 2006

Faith

Well I have been coming to a realization over the last few weeks that I wanted to share with everyone. I am no longer afraid of death. Yes me, the one who for 20 years his deepest darkest fear was of dying. Yes I was brought up in the Christian faith that teaches that whosever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)But I have always struggled with my faith and secretly wondered "But what if it turns out there really is no God? Or if God does exist what does it mean to live forever? Do I really want to live forever?" But since coming to Houghton I have noticed my fear slipping away as my faith grew in strength and I have slowly discovered what it really means to have complete faith. The occasional thought of doubt still crosses my mind, but I now have the presence of mind to quickly dismiss these evil thoughts. I praise the Lord that my eyes have been opened and I can now see the truth of eternal salvation and the "Supreme Good" as St. Augustine puts it, of the eternal life we have in Christ. I pray that any of you out there secretly struggling with your faith may find hope in my story that you CAN find the Truth. No, it won't be easy. But it will be way more than worth it in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God, my good friend!

    I look forward, once again, to getting to hang out with you in the Kingdom!

    ReplyDelete