Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Guess Who

So today in the lunch line this cute, er make that beautiful, girl comes up behind me and seems very glad to see me. We make small talk for a few minutes but then we split into different lines, and when I go out into the dining room I see a vast expanse of people. Figures.

* * * * * *

So I met her at the welcome weekend in June. Happened to sit with her for breakfast. Er, well make that I made a point to sit with her at breakfast. Gorgeous girl of course, but then there were a lot of lookers at the welcome weekend. But she... seemed... different... down to earth, but yet still fun to be around. Definitly NOT your stereotypical "barbie doll" type girl with all looks and no brains. Fast forward 3 months. Finally at Houghton as a real student. I see her around a couple times, but never really managed to catch her eye during orientation. A few days go by. Well she probably forgot all about me I figure, I'm not that great a looker or talker anyways. Oh well. Then one day going down the stairs from class I pass her going up. Her face lights up immediately and she says "Hi Ethan!"... and continues on her way. I am now reeling of course "oh my goodness, she still remembers me, she remembered my name, AND she was glad to see me" WOW. This happenend every day or two with her saying Hi Ethan! in that bright cheery way, and me saying Hi ....! back. "I wish she had a class with me" I think. "Or only if I could find her at lunch. There's just too many people at lunch." Then one day I managed to find her at supper and sat down at her table. She seemed very glad to see me like usual and we had a nice little conversation about which I can remember nothing of course. She also introduced me to her friends at the table, and even indicated a desire to spend more time "hanging out" with me! But since then, its the same old thing again, "Hi!" "Hi!" and we go on our way.

She, of course, has NO idea of my crush on her or how she makes me feel everytime I see her. She would also probably laugh hysterically if told that her actions had in any way made me think she really liked me. And so it stands. Her, gorgeous, smart, funny. Me, silent, flustered, shy. This has been a little insight into the mind of Yours Truly. Enjoy.

It is also one way for me to express my feelings and just possibly get my message to her without me being so blatant as to embarrass myself. Feel free to do with this information what you will mystery woman, I am at your mercy. I will take my time and get to know you quite well before I reveal my feelings to you in any other way.

5 comments:

  1. I feel ya, Ethan...

    Don't be afraid to try winking at her....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job and I used to send drinks to people in the dining hall all the time. And we will be invading the area in just over a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is she ,if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a secret...

    But if you identify yourself to me which Jim you are I MIGHT tell u who she is...

    ReplyDelete