Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Help my Humility

So I had all weekend. But there I was, Sunday night, 2 am, reading jokes on the internet and my homework was sitting there on the desk, alone and forelorn. Why do I keep doing this? I ask myself. Ah but then the answer hits me. Its just too easy. So I get 4 or 5 hours of sleep one night. Who cares? Next day, I just take a nap. Or go to bed early. Or both. And I keep getting good grades. Time after time, without fail. No, not all A's but at least B's. Only two times have I ever gotten a test score below B-. Only 4 times have I gotten a final grade below A-. Never a final grade below B-. But I never do anything before I absolutely have to do it or it won't get done in time. And never do I put my all into it. Some get better grades than me. Some put less time in than me. But I don't know anyone who puts in as miserably little time as I do and still get very decent grades. So what should I take from this? Am I just blessed with book smarts? Teachers just like me? both? One thing I do know. I am way too cocky. My ego is way too big. I do not have enough humility. So friends, I ask you, beg you, plead with you, bash me, make fun of me, make me feel stupid. Or otherwise teach me humility. Because I am no better than you are fundamentally and I know that. But I need to feel it. Really know what humility means.

No comments:

Post a Comment