Friday, September 29, 2006

First Time For Everything

Yesterday was a first ever folks. I SLEPT CLEAN THROUGH MY ALARM!

So Wednesday night I was up late because of a homework assignment for accounting. (See previous post on my super studying habits) Thank you to Allison for helping me on the assignment, if we had done it seperately it would have taken us both a lot longer and I know I at least would have been a lot more confused. So 7 am comes, my alarm goes off..... I got up (gotcha didn't I?), took a shower, touched up and printed out my homework, and went to class. After class of course, I am dead tired, so I went back up to my room and took a nap. I set my alarm for 12:15, and the next thing I know the radio starts blaring, and I lie there for a couple minutes and then roll out of bed and look at the clock. Its 1:10! How did that happen?! I figured my alarm was busted or something and got messed up on times or I didn't know what. So of course I missed lunch and had to go clean the maintenance building on an empty stomach. Back from work, and I ask my roommate what time he left for lunch. "Oh about 12:30 or so." Wait, I ask, was my alarm going off when you left? "Yeah, it had been blaring for 10 or 20 minutes or so." Holy Smokes! You mean to tell me I slept for 55 minutes with my alarm going off?! "Well I guess so, I thought you were awake when I left 'cause you were moving around and stuff" Nope I certainly wasn't. WOW. That stinks. Now I'm gonna have to set my alarm on buzzer or like turn it up to 200 decibles or something to make sure I don't miss a class one of these days. Oh well, I guess there's a first time for everything as they say.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I HAD to be sure to get up the next morning...for a final or something...I'd always drink two tall Nalgene's worth of water so if my alarm failed my bladder wouldn't.

    I was a chronic oversleeper.
    Junior and Senior year - going to bed before 2am was definitely the exception.

    I REFUSED to be asleep if something cool happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I like Job's idea. Just don't sleep through nature's call...

    ReplyDelete