Sunday, October 08, 2006

Girls, Lying, and Chloe

Random wanderings in the mind of Ethan:

So Friday night I had a very interesting conversation with Steve, Tom, and Chloe. Chloe mentioned that she had started reading my blog because her roommate had read one of my posts and wanted Chloe to read it too. I of course opened my fat mouth and asked if this was because said roommate thought the post was talking about her? and if this was so, did said roommate like the fact that said post was about her? Which of course opened me up to much ribbing, chiding, and teasing. Not that I really minded of course. But out of all the conversation that transpired out of this I am not sure how much was truth, how much was exageration, and how much was completely made up. Let me just say I didn't make any of what I said up, and only some minor exagerations... maybe. Now there is something for two certain girls to ponder on and question each other about... or question me... :) What I would like to know is how much truth there was in what the one of these girls told me about the other of these girls? Also during this conversation I said that I do lie sometimes. Steve said he had reason to believe these occasions were few and far between because of certain things I had told him that indeed turned out to be true. Tom said of course, everyone lies. Chloe piped up and said, well you do now. huh? Well, she explained, since we know you never lie, and you just said you lie sometimes, that must be a lie. Good point Chloe, except that if I just lied, what I was saying was that I DO sometimes lie, which means that that statement was the truth! hehe :) But I do try to keep my lying to an absolute minimum, unlike a certain female I know. But the funny thing is, she lies so much no one ever believes her and so she never fools anyone. Which means that she is actually kept honest because everyone is like oh sure, sure, Chloe. Hmmm... very interesting... where does true honesty lie? (pun definitly intended)

2 comments:

  1. "She lies so much no one ever believes her" -- I simply MUST take issue with this statement, Mr. Sjolander. It's *certainly* not true with me. Just as I defended you against such charges, I now take up the mantle to defend Miss Chloe from these unjust accusations. I have never heard her lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite right Steve, I intended this post in jest and the only "lies" I have heard from her were not of much importance and were mainly used to make fun of me (and as such were quickly revealed). You being in much higher standing with Miss Chloe than I am, I am sure she has not needed anything to make fun of you with.

    ReplyDelete