Sunday, October 08, 2006

Homecoming

Homecoming was an absolute blast!

Friday's founder's day convocation speaker was a very good speaker who knew how to get across a meaningful message while still keeping it lighthearted and humourous. So much for "boring old fogeys" (He is a '52 Houghton grad).

The fasion show was kind of boring but the 20% discount on campus store clothing during the show made for a good opportunity to get my "real men wear purple" shirt.

Saturday's parade was a cute little parade that dumped more candy on me and my fellow bystanders than should be eaten by the entire city of NY in a week. In order to retain my health for the next month, I dutifully left the vast majority of the candy on the ground for the wild animals to eat at their discretion.

Next was the picnic lunch, where I sat down with this very nice girl and managed to dump food all over myself over the course of my conversation with her. Next year could we keep the food inside cafeteria crew?

Then there was the evening banquet of course, and suddenly all the "plain" girls on campus disappeared and were replaced by the biggest selection of beautiful women I have ever been blessed to see. The ladies were absolutely dazzling with their fancy dresses and hair that must have taken hours to do.

And finally, there was Spot, the biggest production of the century. We had 4 cameras rolling, one control panel switching, 5 light racks lighting, and the best plays and videos New York has ever seen (so I exagerate for effect a little...). Spot was preceded by "Cheech and the Chimichangas," Houghton's very own rock band. And boy did they ever rock the house! They put to shame a great number of so called "bands" that are played on the radio today. This Homecoming weekend will be remembered by me at least for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment